Scott Students are Stars
Clubs at Scott Middle School 2017-2018
|7th & 8th Grade Choir||Monday||P. Eschliman||3-4PM||Choir Room|
|6th Grade Choir||Tuesday
Wednesday on PLC Days
|P. Eschliman||3-4PM||Choir Room|
|Select Choir||Tuesday & Thursday||P. Eschliman||7AM||Choir Room|
|Builders Club||2nd and 4th Wednesdays||S. Green||3-4PM||6A Pod|
|Fight of Feminist’s Club||1st & 3rd Wednesdays||J. Graham||3-4PM||Room 420|
|Science Olympiad||Thursday||M. Danley||3-4PM||Room 315|
|Mathcounts||Friday||A. Rezac||3-4PM||Room 219|
|Media Center Study Hall||Monday – Friday
PLC early out, Media Center will close at 3:00PM
|J. Williams||3-3:45PM||Media Center|
|Student Council||2nd and 4th Fridays||
|TIE Club||1st and 3rd Fridays||M. Patton
|Stained Glass Club||Wednesday and Thursday||P. Sisk||3-4:30PM||Room 422|
|Wyld Lyfe Club||Thursday||N. Figard||3-4PM||Multipurpose Room|
- After School Choir: Share your love of music and singing with others by joining the After School Choir. The 7th and 8th Grade Choir will meet on Mondays at 3:00-4:00 pm. The 6th Grade Choir will meet on Tuesdays from 3:00-4:00 pm in the Choir Room. If it is a PLC early out day, 6th graders will meet on Wednesday. Mr. Eschliman is the Director.
- Women’s Choir: This choir is selected through auditions at the start of the school year. Rehearsals are held on Thursdays from 3:00-4:00PM. Mr. Eschliman is the Director.
- Builders Club: This club is the largest service organization for middle school students with more than 40,000 members worldwide. The objectives of Builders Club are: to provide opportunities for working together to service your school and community; to develop leadership potential; to foster the development of strong moral character; to encourage loyalty to school, community and nation. Builders Club provides a leadership/service opportunity for middle school students. Builders Club is beginning its 23rd year at Scott Middle School! Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays in the 6A Pod and Mrs. Green is the sponsor.
- Fight of Feminists: Fight of Feminist’s Club is designed as a forum for discussion about issues relating to gender inequity and current problems students are personally experiencing. Club members brainstorm ways to address their problems and discuss how to keep them from happening again. It’s the goal of this club to inform people about what Feminism is, and why it’s important for everyone. Students sign up for and make presentations to the club about a current event or concept involving sexism or other gender-based inequities in society and then discuss how that relates to their lives or how they could work to remedy such a situation. Guest speakers might also be present on occasion. Ms. Graham is the leader, and the club meets every other Wednesday from 3:00-4:00 pm.
- Science Olympiad: Students who have an interest in science and who may want to compete against other schools should check this out. Meetings will be held on Thursdays after school with Mr. Danley being the sponsor. This club does require the completion of a registration form.
- Mathcounts: Do you like solving complex math problems? Check out Mathcounts on Fridays in Room 219 with Mr. Rezac as the sponsor.
- View 2017-2018 Mathcounts results and photos here.
- Media Center: An after-school study opportunity for students who wish to study or read after the school day is available in our media center. This program runs from 3:00 p.m. until 3:50 p.m. Times and dates for this program may be limited due to student participation and/or supervisor availability. Behavior expectations: a) each student should sign in upon arrival at the counter b) students who arrive after 3:08 p.m. are expected to have a pass from the teacher they were with c) students may not leave the media center without asking for permission from the supervisor d) students are expected to study while they are in the media center or read quietly. Students may also use computers for school assignments as long as they bring a written pass from the teacher making the assignment e) students may not have loud conversations or disturb others when using the media center f) food, drink, or candy are not allowed into the media center g) students may not use personal electronic devices in the media center h) students need to get permission from the supervisor before using the restroom i) students who fail to follow expectations or the directions of the supervisor will be referred to the office j) continued violation of expectations may result in loss of participation in this program. Use of the media center after school is in all respects similar to media center use during the day. Students are expected to follow all rules as listed in the Scott Middle School handbook or procedures as established by Scott staff and administration.
- Student Council: Scott Student Council is a fun place to meet others and help plan events that benefit our school and community. Anyone is grades 6-8 is welcome. Meetings are held on announced Friday mornings at 7:15 am in the Media Center. Mrs. Bohaty and Mrs. Westphalen are the sponsors.
- T.I.E. Club: (Teens Influencing Equity) is the multicultural club at Scott Middle School. Members of this club focus on multicultural, equity issues as they relate to Scott Middle School. A major activity for the club is planning a special program that honors both Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and a community person who has worked toward helping to carry on the dream of Dr. King. The club sponsors at least one community service project a year. T.I.E. Club meets on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month at 7:15 a.m. in room 217. All students are invited to join us.
- Stained Glass Club: Mr. Sisk invites students at the start of the year to participate in this club. Stained Glass Club meets from 3:00-4:30 PM on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- WyldLife Club: This club is sponsored by Young Life representatives. Fun activities and interaction with peers for all participants. All students are encouraged to join. WyldLife meets after school on Thursdays.
- Ukulele Club: More information to come in September.
- Game Club: The goal of this club is to provide safe social interactions for Scott students through tabletop gaming. On the 1st and 3rd Thurs. of each month, students will gather in Room 208 (Art room) from 3:00-4:00 PM to enjoy playing classic card and board games, and learn a few new ones. We will also encourage members to teach and share some of their favorite games. Mrs. Fergen is the Club sponsor. No electronics please!